Tired of stray animals showing up on your doorstep. Let’s get our local piticians involved.
- Prevents uterine infections, and breast and testicular cancer
- Prevents unwanted litters
- Prevents male dogs from roaming away from home and being hit by a car
- Avoids potential aggressive problems when neutered early
- Prevents pet overpopulation and euthanizing millions of dogs and cats each year
It is a myth that spaying or neutering will make your pet ‘fat,’ according to Animal Services Director, and veterinarian, Dr. Karen Sheppard. “Routine exercise and proper food intake will keep pets fit and trim. Teaching children about the miracle of birth through pets can be viewed online and in books.”